The Ally You Need For Facing A Complex Legal System
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Construction Law
- Insurance Law
- Employment Law
- Commercial Matters
Jana's established construction law practice encompasses representing individual property owners, general contractors, subcontractors, property owners' associations, suppliers, and local and national business owners. Jana grew up in the construction industry, working summers while in school for her father's general contracting company. This experience has given Jana a good understanding of the various facets of the construction industry, helping better meet the needs of her clients.
Jana grew up in Rowlett and now resides in Far North Dallas with her husband, Kyle, and twin daughters, Madelyn and Ashlyn. While outside of work, Jana enjoys cooking and entertaining for her family and friends and is actively involved in Watermark Community Church and her children's elementary school.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Baylor Univesity
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Managing a Worksite Accident, 14th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2019.
- Navigating Construction Lien and Bond Claims, 13th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2018.
- Condominium Association Construction Defect Litigation - Issues that Arise and New Pre-Suit Requirements in Texas, 11th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2016.
- Understanding the Texas Anti-Indemnity Act, 10th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2015.
- Investigating a Claim and Responsibilities Owed to the Insured, Gallagher Basset, August 2014.
- How the Texas Anti-Indemnity Act Affects Risk Transfer in Construction Contracts, 9th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2014.
- Risk Management Provisions in Construction Contracts, 8th Annual Construction Symposium, February 2013.
- Litigating the Duty to Indemnify, 19th Annual Insurance Symposium, March 2012.
- Texas Residential Construction Claims After the TRCC, 7th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2012.
- Affirmative and Defensive Pleadings in Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation, 18th Annual Insurance Symposium, April 2011.
- Certificates of Insurance After the Omni Decision, 6th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2011.
- Sunset of the Texas Residential Construction Commission: A New Day for Residential Construction Defect Disputes, 5th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2010.
- Premises Liability in Texas, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. In-House Presentation, July 2009.
- Managing the Workforce in the Transportation Industry, 2009 Transportation Seminar, June 2009.
- Certificates of Insurance: Common Problems That Arise and What You Can Do To Avoid Them, 4th Annual Construction Symposium, January 2009.
- What's New in Legal Malpractice Claims and What Are You Doing to Avoid Them, TADC Annual Winter Meeting, January 2008.
- An Ethical Guide for Insurance Adjusters, Dallas CPCU Chapter's Ethics Meeting, March 2008.
- ERISA Claims Handling for the Nonsubscribing Employer, Freedman Administrative Solutions Meeting, July 2008.
- Obtained over $2.4 million in collections for unpaid construction work and materials for various contractor clients through the filing of liens and pre-suit negotiations.
- Obtained a nearly half million dollar settlement on behalf of homeowner for claims against her homebuilder after her home experienced significant water intrusion due to defective work.
- Obtained $600,000 settlement on behalf of janitorial service company against insurance agent for failure to procure proper insurance coverage.
- Received favorable arbitration award on behalf of homeowner for claims of breach of contract and warranty against homebuilder for foundation damages.
- Negotiated favorable contract terms on behalf of national general contractor in an over $20 million agreement for multi-family housing construction project.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national general contractor dismissing all claims filed by worker seeking over $1 million in alleged personal injury damages.
- Obtained favorable pre-suit settlement for homeowner for claims against contractor and subcontractors for defective work that was performed at homeowner's multi-million dollar residence.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of elevator service company dismissing all claims filed by plaintiff for personal injuries claimed on department store elevator.
- Negotiated favorable pre-suit settlement on behalf of general contractor against large cable company alleging hundreds of thousands of dollars for an underground utility strike.
- Represented subcontractor in lawsuit filed by owner regarding the construction of multi-million dollar hotel project, obtaining successful resolution of all claims prior to trial.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment finding for subcontractor that worker was an independent contractor, dismissing worker's personal injury claims.
- Obtained favorable pre-suit settlement on behalf of commercial contractor from property owner for owner's breach of contract and failure to pay contractor for work performed.